Saturday, August 7, 2010

Charleston!


This summer has been fantastic so far, I got to spend almost two weeks in New Jersey with my parents and on our way up from South Florida we took a three day detour to see Charleston. Beautiful historic cities are my kryptonite and Charleston certainly fits the bill. I can't recommend a stop there enough for anyone who enjoys charming street scenes although early July was probably not the best time of year for it. I'm already looking forward to another stop there sometime in the spring when it will be a bit cooler and the azaleas will be in full bloom.


I haven't been terribly productive since my return but I did finish three paintings:
My American Gothic
Love
The Latest Style

And I've been trying to get some work done on two others:

Antlers



Snow White

5 comments:

  1. That's it! I'm going to Charleston!. :)
    It really sounds lovely and the to wip paintings are gorgeous!
    Can't wait to see them finished.
    xo
    di

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! I haven't visited you for ages... How are you, and did you ever finish Mrs Swan?
    Charleston looks wonderful... I had no idea there were beautiful streets like that here in the US... Certainly none where I live now!
    Your paintings are gorgeous... loving the style.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Diane You definitely have to go. It's the largest historical district I've ever seen and the street scenes are lovely. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Abi Miss Swan took an unfortunate swan dive off of my work space thanks to Mr. Doll's big feet. She's sitting on a shelf with a broken neck awaiting repair. Savannah, Charleston and New Orleans all have fantastic historic districts. You should really check them out if you get a chance, each has it's own flavor.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the faces on those girls! They look great on the oval substrate too.
    Cheers,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete