Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Sorry!

I have been a very bad blogger. I recently had a commission to sculpt an Anne of Green Gables doll of polymer clay. The customer wanted Anne to be slightly older, more like the teen who went to the concerts with Diana to recite. I feel like I'm overly cautious with my commission pieces. They take me a ridiculously long time. With my own work if something ends up looking somewhat different from my original intentions I can work that into the theme. With commission pieces I feel like everything must be perfect and I obsess over the smallest detail. So for the past 3 weeks I've been agonizing over a shade of red hair or the perfect lace for an Edwardian tea dress.




During my time away I also completed Eliza who started out as the girl from the frog prince story. Unfortunately the frog was never to my satisfaction so now she has a more mysterious back story although I admit I named her while reading Pride and Prejudice for the umpteenth time. Sorry about the pics. My camera is as blurry as always (I'll blame the camera over my shaky hands).



After Eliza my dolls all seemed mad at me. Nothing I did was to their satisfaction so I've taken a two day break from them and decided to paint for a little relief. Unfortunately I don't have any canvases lying around so I had to make due with Adobe Photoshop on my computer. To add to the difficulty I don't have a proper mouse only the touchpad on my laptop so any intricate painting was out of the question but I'm happy with these two little girls who have come along. I think their simplicity is part of their charm.







Personally I've had and will continue to have a busy schedule all through August. All fun stuff though! The Hubs and I took a snorkeling trip up to Peanut Island, walked around South Beach and are going on vacation with my family for a week to Marathon in the Keys. There is nothing like summer in Florida. Yes, it's oppressively hot and muggy but I love snorkeling and the ocean temp is in the 80's. Also good for fishing and boating. Should be a fantastic summer!

1 comment: