Sunday, April 26, 2009

WIPs for the weekend

Here are some WIPs I've been working on over the weekend. Obviously I did not start them all this weekend. I'm way too slow for that. Sorry for the blurry pictures, they were just quick snaps.

First is a little girl trudging through snow. Super Sculpey and Sculpey on wood. She's still in the early painting phase. I like her because she's kind of a mystery to me. I usually have a reference(like Little Red Riding Hood) or some back story (like Delia) before I'm working on a piece but I don't know what she's doing out in the snow. Where are her shoes? Is she going somewhere? Looking for something? Running from something? I have no idea and she refuses to tell me.



Early sculpting phase of Snow White. Trying a more realistic look for her, we'll see how it turns out. She is Sculpey over a wire framework.




Ahh the Frog Princess, this project has turned into a long term relationship due to setbacks and major frustration but as I'm happy with how she's turning out. Her hair needs a lot more work I think and of course she is missing her Frog Prince. Sigh it will probably take me another few months to finish her at the rate I've been going.

7 comments:

  1. You've had a busy and productive weekend!!! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have featured your blog on my roundup blog, Dolls:Crafting and Collecting.
    www.allthingsdoll.blogspot.com

    best wishes,
    Robyn Coburn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you very much, Robyn. That is very kind of you and I'm flattered.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to seeing both these pieces done! Good for you at staying creative and productive

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice work...can't wait to see Snow White!
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete