Thursday, April 9, 2009

Strange Dreams..

Things are progressing nicely with several projects. I'm a little bummed because the Hubs took the camera with him in his business trip so I can't update. I did get a new idea for a project from a dream last night. I was lying in my bed from when I was a child and there was a mobile with paper dolls from some of my scary kids that haven't been made yet. Little vampires, werewolves, banshees and voodoo dolls circling over my head. I'm wondering if I can recreate it myself, not just paper dolls but blocked on something stiffer, painted on both sides and hung from a wire framework.

Inspiration comes from the strangest places. I was a very imaginative child so that bed was the scene for many nightmares. One year I decided vampires were after me so I hung construction paper crosses from the bedpost after my mom caught me trying to smuggle garlic up to my room and confiscated it. It's good to turn the demons of the past into something fun and productive.

1 comment:

  1. Quite a vivid imagination!!! When I weny to bed I had nightmares so bad, I was such a scaredy cat, but I conquered them all, now I hardly dream at all, I just think creepy?!hehehe!!
    blessings,Flora

    ReplyDelete