Thursday, March 19, 2009

Huzzah! Little Red Riding Hood





Finally, a new doll! My two previous entries were older dolls and didn't really reflect my more recent creations so I'm happy to present Little Red Riding Hood or Red for short. Red started out as Snow White but I felt the plaid of her dress and the painted boots were a little too rough and rugged for the pretty, pretty princess Snow White. Instead it seemed the perfect outfit for tramping through the woods to Grandma's house. For another take on classic fairytale characters including Red and Snow White visit The Cart Before the Horse blog. I am awed by their fantastic creations. Current work in progress: A lovely young school girl with a big secret she'd love to share with you.

2 comments:

  1. Oooh, I love Little Red dollies!
    Yours is a lovely version indeed. She looks just sassy enough to take on that pesky wolf.

    Thanks for you comments on my blog.
    I just use regular ole acrylic paints.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a lovely delicate way of painting the face! The shading you've done is wonderful! I really like this doll!

    Congrats on getting into
    Etsy, it is a great community to
    sell artisan items.

    ReplyDelete