Friday, March 20, 2009

Getting an online business up and running...

is a lot of work! I'm glad I'm expanding beyond local stores and craft fairs but trying to master etsy, ebay and twitter all in one go is tough. I've been lucky enough to find that the online crafter and artisan community is incredibly helpful to all newcomers. I've also found an incredible amount of inspiration from their work. I've been playing around with clay lately (previously I worked only in cloth) after seeing some great work on blogs like BoneHead Studios. Unfortunately my results thus far would be described by Amy March as "mud pies." I'll have to keep trying. Its not a forgiving medium but some of the finished products I've seen have been breathtaking.

2 comments:

  1. Keep practicing with the clay. I started out with developing my own cloth doll patterns and then decided to try cernit, you wouldn't believe some of the 'unique' (ahem) pieces that I created.

    Practice, practice! You have the talent!

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! That means a lot coming from an artist like you. I'm keeping at it, no matter how discouraging it can be at times.

    ReplyDelete